To All Brethren in The Faith Of Abraham,
Ghusl is Recommended,
Do much zikr,
Make lots of Salat Nabiyy.
Read Surat Kahf,
Be in your best dress and say Salam to someone as I just did to you.
Go to Jumat Mosque early, keep mute throughout The Course Of Khutbah,
Supplicate More After Solat Asr.
May The Most High Accept Our Ibadah.
Many times, I get questions relating on what to wear on jummah etc. Dressing up is such a big deal for a muslimah but because you are trying to be modest doesn’t mean you should miss the whole point. Modesty in itself affects all aspects of a muslimah’s life because we are commanded my Allah to be modest. Not just being modest physically but also being modest in heart. But dressing modestly doesn’t mean you should dress shabbily.
‘‘O children of Adam!
Wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of solat:
Eat drink, be not extravagant_ surely He does not love extravagant’’ (quote from the Quran).
Appearing shabbily doesn’t equal modesty; the two terms are very different. Therefore, there is no crime in putting your outfits together, using a brooch, color coordinating or embellishing your attire with embroidery.
It’s important to always stay clean, neat and gracious but it would be so bad if you have been blessed with the good things of life and yet you dress shabbily. You need to remember that your blessing didn’t come to you so that you would look dilapidated rather it comes to you so that you can be thankful yet humble in spirit.
Your conduct and your appearance speak for you, therefore if you know that you have been blessed then you should step up your style game. Many feel that there is little or nothing they can do about their style but I say to you, there is quite a lot that you can do if only you take time.
There are so many muslimah fashion star’s that have dedicated their social media pages and blogs to bringing you tips that you need, how to dress up simply and correctly and how to create fabulous ensembles by piecing unlikely pieces together. I would be posting a picture of me in an outfit I made years ago. This simple but yet modest outfit might inspire your style choice. Also I have dedicated my page and lifestyle in total support of modesty.
Scroll down to see my outfit. Also, visit my social media handle @Lailahmoon which you can mimic;
As we all know Friday is a special day to Muslims all over the world. It’s a day they all attend a special prayer called Jumah. On this day every Muslimahs strive as much as possible to look modest; having that in mind, here are seven outfits that are not proper for the observation of Jumah prayer:
- Mini Skirt: Islamically women’s nakedness is assumed to be her whole body; therefore wearing a mini-skirt is like going to Jumah naked.
- Short-sleeve Top: As far as you are not using a long hijab, short-sleeve top is not accepted as it exposes the arm.
- Tight Jean: This outfit brings out a lady’s shape, as a result of that it’s not proper for Jumah.
- See-through Cloth: A see-through cloth is never an option for Jumah as it’s a source of distraction in the process of observing Jumah prayer.
- Short Gown: With a cloth like this bending down is a very difficult task and it can’t be avoided, hence the omission of short gown as a Jumah outfit.
- Jumpsuit: This should be avoided as its bottom is trouser-like and outfits similar to that of the other gender are not valid.
- Bodycon Dress: Just as a tight jean brings out a lady’s shape, bodycon dress does the same, so it should be avoided.
Islam holds women in very high esteem and the Islamic rules of covering are intended to protect and guard her dignity and honor. Covering up in Islam is based on these conditions on evidence found in the Quran and the Sunnah. Below are the most well-known verses of the Quran and the most well-known saying from the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) concerning the subject of hijab.
“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies. That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed.”
Simply let me know if this tips have been of great help to us. Don’t forget to drop your comments, opinions and also don’t forget to subscribe via your email. You can follow me on Instagram @Lailahmoon , twitter @Lailahmoon1 , snapchat @Lailahmoon.