I will start by letting us know that “every tragedy of man is an offspring of his thought”.
Hey guys! It’s me, and here am i trying to gain your attention again. It’s a beautiful day and I hope we’re having a good time. This post is really personal to me. I wrote this sometime last year, I had to fish it out and re-edit it. What make this different from the previous it’s me being real and direct as possible.
The importance of Building our Self-Esteem and how it affects us cannot be over emphasized. People are often confused about what it means to have Self-Esteem. Some think it has to do with the way you look or how popular you are.
Let’s get this clear, Self-Esteem encompasses beliefs about oneself as well as emotional states. Self-Esteem is made up of your thoughts, feelings, and opinion we have about ourselves. That means, Self-Esteem can change, depending on the way we think or perceive ourselves. Habits of negative thinking about us can lower Self-Esteem.
In the book “Live your dreams” by Victoria Ana, in one of the chapters, chapter one there about. She says “Man is made by his beliefs. As he believes, so is he”.
James Allen says, ” it is the mind that is the man”.
Be mindful of the information you feed your mind. Sometimes, people don’t even realize that they’re thinking so negatively about themselves. But once you’re aware of it, and know that the way you think is up to you, you can begin to change the way you think. And changing the way you think about yourself changes the way you feel about yourself.
Henry Ford clearly put it thus ”if you think you can, or if you think you can’t, you are right. You will get what you think”. Now this leaves me with this question. What do you think about yourself? If what you know does not change you, change what you know. Low self-esteem is becoming a cliche common with kids, adolescent and even grown-ups. We will address the issues of kids and how parents influences their child’s Esteem in the future; for now let’s focus on us. Emphasis are being put on materialistic indicators of self-worth ( like what kind of car you drive, what your school grades are, how big a house you have, what your tittle is at work, how perfect is your body, do you look like the people in the magazines? (The people in the magazines don’t even look like themselves) etc. Now this brings me to the question I’m often asked- how can I Build my Self-Esteem?
- People with a good and healthy Self-Esteem are able to feel good about themselves for who they are, they appreciate their own worth, and take pride in their abilities and accomplishments. They also acknowledge that while they’re not perfect and have faults, those faults don’t play an overwhelming or irrational large role in their lives or their own self-image (how you see yourself).
- You need to gain control of yourself. Make a list of your good qualities and believe in them. You have to notice the critical things you say to yourself and re-train yourself by rewarding these negative unkind thoughts into a more positive thought.
- Cultivate an attitude of building your own morale. Each day, have a quiet time, write down good things about yourself, and things that went well that day because of your effort. Learn to take yourself on a treat as well.
- Don’t compare yourself with others; edit thoughts that get you feeling inferior. You need to disassociate yourself from friends who make you feel terrible about yourself and surround yourself with friends and family who encourages self-growth.
- Don’t be afraid to voice out your opinion. If someone disagrees, it’s totally fine. We all have different opinions to life situations.
- I cannot over emphasize how important it is to always smell and look nice. It’s very important you look good and wear a smile always.
- Learn new things each day. Get books, read, learn and grow.
- Most importantly, recognize what you can change and what you can’t.
- And my personal tips, EXERCISE! Being active and fit helps you feel good about yourself. You get relief of stress, and be healthier too.
Boosting your Esteem cannot be over emphasized. Your Self-Esteem shapes your life and also contributes to how people perceive you. I would love you to please tell us if this write up has been helpful, and also, share with us via comments of any helpful tips on how we can boost our Self-Esteem. Don’t forget to share this post and subscribe via your email. you can also check me out on Instagram @lailahmoon, Twitter @Lailahmoon1, Snapchat @Lailahmoon .
OUTFITS: Pant and Vintage outfits are my ideas from my personal clothing collection which am still working on.